These sweet and savory Honey Mustard Turkey Burger Sliders are an irresistible take on this classic bar menu item. Best of all, they can be grilled in minutes to have a healthy and tasty dinner on the table that the whole family will love.
Hi and Happy Monday to everyone! Sorry to disappear on you all last week. My husband and I traveled to Northern California to celebrate our first wedding anniversary, and I decided to take a quick break from blogging to fully unwind.
We did a little bit of everything while there, some of which was on my travel bucket list for quite some time. Our stops included Sonoma wine country, San Fransisco, and Redwood National and State Park. The trip was amazing and full of plenty of good eats and awe-inspiring stops. I hope to share more with you all on the blog soon! In the meantime, check out my Instagram feed for a sneak peak at what we did and where we ate.
In the meantime, I have a quick, easy, and healthy recipe to share that is perfect for busy summer weeknights or meal prep. After a quick pitstop at Trader Joe’s and a little bit of time brainstorming, I came up with this fun twist on turkey burgers.
My main criteria when creating them were:
- Something healthy. We had our fair share of fresh sourdough bread, ice cream, and pasta while away. All totally worth it, I might add!
- Quick. I am pretty jet-lagged and was NOT looking to spend more than 20 minutes in a hot kitchen.
The result: these tender and juicy, sweet and savory mini turkey burgers! They have the perfect slight hint of sweetness from the honey and kick of flavor from the mustard, and the spices combine in harmony to complete the meal. Bonus: they are SO cute and easy to make. In fact, they should take you less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
I hope you enjoy them and have a great Monday, and I’ll see you back here soon!
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use your hands to thoroughly mix all ingredients together until well-combined. Be careful not to overmix or the meat may become tough.
- Roll meat into 2-3 inch balls and place on grill. If you're using an indoor grill, the pressure from the lid will flatten the balls into small patties. If you're using an outdoor grill, use a metal spatula to flatten the burgers and flip halfway through.
- Grill until well cooked, add toppings of choice, and serve on mini hamburger buns!
I used creamed honey, but any type of honey would work.
I used organic yellow mustard from Trader Joe's, but any type of mustard will work such as your favorite brand of yellow mustard, dijon mustard, or whole grain mustard.
These would be perfect atop mini hamburger buns, or they would work well in lettuce wraps or atop a salad.