Petite Chef is pretty new to her little corner of the internet. So in the spirit of shedding some light on the girl behind the blog (hi!), I’m sharing a little bit more about me. Let’s dive in to a few fun facts, shall we?
10 Fun Facts About Me:
- Last July, I married my now-husband, Andrew, and inherited a new last name: DeVito. I am now way too familiar with the question, “Are you related to Danny DeVito?” Unfortunately, I am not. Sorry to disappoint.
- I absolutely despise the taste and smell of licorice. You will not see any licorice recipes around these parts.
- I’m way closer to 30 than 20 than I’d care to admit (fine: I’m turning 29 in a few months) and currently reside in Fairfield County, CT.
- The beach is my go-to when I need to relax, think, or find a way to spend the day.
- My hometown is in northern New Jersey, where Taylor ham is always available and orange-skinned, spiky-haired muscle men blast techno music often (well, only sometimes).
- When I was in middle school, I experienced the opportunity of a lifetime: I was part of a season of Hansel & Gretel at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City. I was a moth (one of the animals in the forest) and managed to get a pretty badass photo of myself in costume on the cover of the local newspaper.
- I once won a spelling bee (grammar nerd over here). Which brings me to my next fact…
- I’m a Managing Editor in my day job and majored in English with a concentration in Journalism in college. I’ve always been inspired by language and have been passionate about writing and reading for as long as I can remember.
- Iced coffee is my beverage of choice.
- My pepper white Mini Cooper is one of my most prized possessions. I sometimes refer to her as Marshmallow.
Now you play along: Tell me one fun fact about you!