Welcome to The Petite Chef! My name is Traci, and I’m a 5-foot-tall self-proclaimed chef and foodie who has lived in the Northeast (Connecticut/New Jersey) for my entire life. I’ve loved making a mess in the kitchen (er, cooking and baking) for just as long.
Growing up, mixing bowls and batter-splattered spatulas were not an uncommon sight in our family’s kitchen. My parents both had a strong love for food that led us to try new recipes and venture out to our favorite restaurants often. This love affair spilled over into many a holiday tradition and comprises some of my fondest childhood memories: baking homemade cookies at Christmas, enjoying bowls of piping hot Italian wedding soup in the winter, and being sent off to college with a loaf of freshly baked banana bread.
Fast forward to today: I’m out on my own and got married in July 2016—but my passion for creating in the kitchen hasn’t wavered. As a full-time writer and editor, my time wearing a chef’s hat is much more limited, so I’m quick and efficient with the time I do have. Think cooking meals in bulk on Sundays to enjoy throughout the week and making a batch of healthy muffins to have on hand.
My health is also top of mind these days. I truly believe that eating well and with health in mind can change your life, from giving you more energy to making you feel amazing both inside and out. I aim to eat a diet that is full of whole foods and minimally processed ingredients 90% of time and indulge in my favorite cupcake or slice of pizza the other 10% of the time (and I don’t beat myself up if that balance is a little skewed every once in a while). It’s all about balance!
Some of my very favorite things include:
- Sushi of all kinds (yes, even the raw stuff!)
- Quick and easy healthy meals
- Meal prep (I cook up a storm each and every Sunday)
- Iced coffee
- Beach days
- Gardening (both flowers and plants)
- Keeping healthy and exercising (my current obsession is Pure Barre)
- Candles, flowers, and perfume
- Loose leaf teas (I love trying exotic flavors)
- Writing and editing (I’m a Managing Editor in my day job!)
I created The Petite Chef in 2017 as a space to share simple, creative, and healthy meals as well as lifestyle posts on health, fitness, my favorite products, and everything in between.
I’m so glad you’ve found your way to my blog. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to connect with you. In the meantime, happy eating!